Posted: Monday, May 8, 2017 12:05 AM
Company Name:ArtsView Children's Theatre
Job Posting: General Manager
ArtsView Children’s Theatre is a non-profit organization dedicated to changing lives through education, outreach, and the performing arts in East Texas. ArtsView is currently seeking a passionate, motivated individual to serve as its General Manager. The General Manager is a part-time position and is responsible for board administration and support, financial management, fundraising, human resource management, marketing, and community relations on behalf of ArtsView. The General Manager position could be combined with the Artistic Director position to create a single, full-time position for the right candidate.
Board Administration and Support:
1. Hold monthly Board Meetings (August thru May)–provide agenda, minutes, financial report, and any other documents necessary for board meetings
2. Communicate with Board on an as-needed basis regarding staffing, issues, events, etc.
3. Serve on Awards, Appreciation & Nomination Board Committee
4. Develop (as needed) and implement strategic planning goals and objectives
5. Research and develop Board management, including bylaws
1. Recommend annual budget for Board approval
2. Oversee budget spending & tax responsibilities
3. Utilize QuickBooks and gain expertise in best use for the organization
4. Pay bills, write checks, make deposits, and maintain financial records
1. Oversee all marketing and advertising
1. Acts as the “Face” of ArtsView and attends community meetings at a minimum of once per quarter
2. Plans, facilitates, and oversees ArtsView’s presence at City of Longview and community events to include speaking, booths, nonprofit coalition, etc.
3. Plans and facilitates outreach for productions and camps to include partnership or activity to benefit the community as well as local publicity and/or news articles
1. Productions – oversee budget and staff
2. PATHS - Performing Arts Theatre School – oversee budget and staff
Human Resource Management:
1. Oversees ACT Team - issues contracts, meets weekly with team, meets monthly with each team member, evaluates team members annually
2. Provide Staff Development opportunities
3. Develops and maintains Volunteer/Contractor Manual with Volunteer Coordinator
4. Oversees volunteer program with Volunteer Coordinator
1. Serves on Fund Drive Committee and Fundraising Event Committee
2. Oversees fundraising planning and implementation
3. Oversees record keeping of all fundraising to include QuickBooks, thanking donors, and providing reports
4. Oversees Grant Development Research
Building Management and Contents:
1. Schedule and oversee building maintenance and upkeep– to include lighting, electricity, plumbing, air conditioning, dumpster removal, yard work, cleaning contractor, outside sign, etc.
2. Aid Technical Director in overseeing and maintaining building to include back room, storage room (both onsite and offsite), and front storage areas
The ideal candidate should have knowledge and experience in non-profit management, fundraising, business, financial, personnel management, community relations, volunteerism development, board and committee development, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work well in a team, a passion for the arts, and a love of children. Applicants should also have experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
Background check required.
Contact for details, salary commensurate with expertise and qualifications
Part-time. The General Manager position could be combined with the Artistic Director position to create a single, full-time position for the right candidate.
All applications must be submitted no later than April 28, 2017. Tentative start date is June 12, 2017.
Applicants should submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, three letters of reference, and a list of professional references (at least three). References should include a daytime and evening phone number.
Application packets and inquiries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit our website at www.artsviewchidrenstheatre.com or call the office at (903) 236-7535.
• Location: Longview, TX, Tyler
• Post ID: 49133419 tyler